We are using OptimiDoc version 5 now. We would like to upgrade to OD version 6.
Version 6 has different parsers, at first you will install OptimiDoc via installer for version 6.13 (available at Partner portal) and then you can use the patch for higher version (actually patch for version 6.14).
More details of installation procedure below in steps:
1. Very important: If you are using the local DB, please create a back up copies of database files, new major version during the installation rewrites older local DB files!
How to create a back up copies of local DB files?
a) Start Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager and stop OptimiDoc website.
b) Open the folder <OptimiDoc>/WebApp/App_Data.
c) Copy two files with suffixes .mdf and .ldf.
2. Install OptimiDoc version 6.13 via installer from Partner portal.
3. When the installation is finished, stop OptimiDoc website in IIS Manager again.
4. Copy previously saved files (.mdf and .ldf) back into the folder <OptimiDoc>/WebApp/App_Data.
5. Start OptimiDoc website in IIS Manager.
6. After actualization to the version 6.13, there is necessary make a change in the file web.config (its destination is: <OptimiDoc>/WebApp).
a) Find the following:
b) Change the item bindingRedirect:
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-7.0.0. 0" newVersion="7.0.0. 0" />