OptimiDoc Cloud 23.6 - New Release
We are excited to announce a major update to our OptimiDoc Cloud platform, introducing enhanced print and capture capabilities.
The upcoming release brings the following improvements:
• New Xerox embedded application - new UI of the application with improvements and bug fixes
• New OptimiDoc Cloud Node
• Improved OptimiDoc Cloud Client
• Enhanced user synchronization
• Datacentres monitoring
OptimiDoc Cloud Node
We are introducing the new multiplatform OptimiDoc Cloud Node (OCN) as a replacement for the previous Raspberry Pi-based version.
This update brings significant improvements aimed at simplifying implementation for our partners and expanding the capabilities of the platform.
Key enhancements include:
• Bidirectional communication: We have implemented secured bidirectional communication between the data centre and OCN. Partners can remotely configure or update the OCN to the latest version from OptimiDoc Cloud Portal.
• Plug-In system: The new OCN supports a plug-in system, allowing partners to add new functionality packages to running OCNs. As we introduce features like remote authentication or pull printing to network devices, additional plugins can be seamlessly integrated into existing systems. Partners also have the flexibility to enable or disable specific features based on their customers' needs.
• Xerox authentication and accounting plugin: Currently, we offer a device authentication and accounting plugin specifically designed for Xerox devices. This plugin carries over the familiar functionality from the previous Raspberry Pi-based OCN.
• Local spooler plugin: This plugin provides the option to print and store jobs within the local network. The OCN acts as a print spooler, eliminating the need for document transfer between the cloud environment and the local network. This functionality can be combined with the Cloud spooler, empowering users to choose their preferred print method.
These improvements aim to streamline implementation, enhance functionality, and offer greater flexibility to our partners and users.
Improved OptimiDoc Cloud Client
Based on the initial feedback from our running customers, we have identified some crucial improvements for the OptimiDoc Client, and we are pleased to introduce them in the upcoming release.
• Automatic detection of the data centre: Previously, users had to manually select the data centre during authentication. However, the new version of the OptimiDoc Client eliminates this step. Users now only need to enter their email addresses, and the client will automatically detect the appropriate data centre for them.
• MacOS driver installation support: We have encountered challenges with driver installation on MacOS workstations. In response, the new version of the OptimiDoc Client resolves this limitation and allows customers and partners to deploy manufacturers' drivers seamlessly.
• Improved behaviour during printer/Cloud unavailability: When users attempt to print to an unavailable printer or cloud spooler, the OptimiDoc Client now notifies them promptly. It also presents a list of available printers or spoolers, providing users with the option to choose an alternative destination. Users can either proceed with the original destination, select another available option, or cancel the print job.
Enhanced user synchronization
When implementing OptimiDoc Cloud, it is common for customers to begin with a pilot project targeting a specific group of users or to initially implement the functionality for a particular location. In the new version, we have introduced a feature that enables customers to select groups of users within Azure AD or Google Workspace for synchronization.
This means that customers now have the ability to choose specific groups of users from their Azure AD or Google Workspace directories, and OptimiDoc Cloud will synchronize and integrate these selected groups seamlessly. This allows for a more targeted and controlled implementation process, ensuring that the desired users or locations are included in the OptimiDoc Cloud functionality.
We have the utmost confidence in the availability of our system. However, we understand the importance of proactive monitoring and communication during outages and maintenance periods. To address this, we have implemented an external service that constantly monitors the availability of our system and introduces new notification methods for our partners and users.
Through this service, you can access the overall status of our system over the past 90 days. Additionally, you have the option to enable automatic notifications to be sent to your email regarding any outages or planned maintenance activities.
By providing this monitoring service and customizable notifications, we aim to keep our partners and users informed and minimize any potential disruptions. We prioritize transparency and strive to ensure a seamless experience with OptimiDoc.